We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, September 24, 2008

With Honor: repost from Ebay

With honor and pride; I saluted (saenzmom)

Posted Jun-13-08 11:36:08 PDT Updated Jun-13-08 11:50:34 PDT
.
Today I saw a military convoy headed south towards Corpus Christi. This made me very nostalgic because sometimes I really miss my former life. Those beautiful young men and women had pulled over to switch drivers. I could see them; flash headlights in a form of “Morse Code” signaling their intent. It was weird but I could actually smell not only diesel but also their camouflage uniform (an ingrained memory from wearing the uniform for 20 years.)
.
Though, I have been out of the service now for 2 years in some strange way I am still a part—yet removed. I could still feel their pride (from my own quickened heartbeat) of doing a job well and not many can qualify to do.
.
YES, it’s true---a person has to be CHOSEN to honor, to protect and serve. Serving our great nation is not a right but a “privilege.” And as this convoy moved back into the highway; my heart tattooed loudly with pride for once I had be a part of them. As they passed; I saluted.
CommentReport this post EditDelete
Comments

Back to top
ddskitty*s ( 1053) View seller's items View Blog
:)
Jun-13-08 11:38:13 PDT Delete Report this comment

lejones.304 ( 505) View seller's items View Blog
That's nice. I deeply respect all those who serve to protect!
Jun-13-08 11:38:30 PDT Delete Report this comment

tx*treasures ( 345) View seller's items View Blog
very cool story!!
Jun-13-08 11:38:40 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Hey Peeps, Sorry kids needed a drink.
Jun-13-08 11:46:40 PDT Delete Report this comment

5687diane ( 425) View seller's items View Blog
Thought there was a reason I liked ya :) It's seriously amazing what our men and women do for us. It's sad to say there are those who don't respect our military. I though have always respected them and have em in the family. Oh Heya saenz :)
Jun-13-08 11:48:15 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Without those "silent defenders" diane. We would not have our great nation. Thanks
Jun-13-08 11:51:29 PDT Delete Report this comment

sweet_rose_treasures ( 2746) View seller's items View Blog
Mal I remember going with a friend to meet her hubby...He was coming back from the desert storm event...After a tearful reunion we headed out and started the drive home...As cars, with returning troops, passed there were many people gathered on the sides of the road with signs....The simple words written on the signs: "Thank you" To this day everytime I see a convoy or a gathering of our brave men and women in uniform I'd love to have one of those signs to let them know their service to country is appriciated and honored.
Jun-13-08 11:52:23 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Thanks Goth, Its the simpliest of things sometimes that mean the most.
Jun-13-08 11:54:24 PDT Delete Report this comment

healthyjerky4u ( 834) View seller's items View Blog
{{{ HUGS }}}
Jun-13-08 11:56:25 PDT Delete Report this comment

mixednut555 ( 6 ) View seller's items View Blog
That was beautiful, Mal, and THANK YOU, once again for serving us. My dad was in the Air Force for 20 years, then had a job working for the military for another 20 years, so I spent alot of time around the military. Here in Hawaii, we have troops returning all the time, especially in our new place, Kaneohe, a huge port for navy and Marines. It is so nice to see people pulling over and saluting our troops, just as you did today. Hugs, Kat
Jun-13-08 11:58:46 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Thanks Healthy--OFLUB Mixed how is Boddhi?
Jun-13-08 12:00:27 PDT Delete Report this comment

darleen1956 ( 701) View seller's items View Blog
Thank You for protecting Our Beautiful USA. Sempre fi! I ironed those fatigues.And all of Brads single buddies fatigues too.:)
Jun-13-08 14:14:15 PDT Delete Report this comment

No comments: