We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nekkid Chicken: repost from ebay

Whelppers, Happy Nekkid Chicken here!
Posted Jul-29-08 07:53:03 PDT
Last night, Zephyr and I planted more than 140 "dixie cups" with: carrots, leeks, onions, mustard, collard, sunflower, and bell peppers. It was fun working with him in the garden.
First thing this morning he came bouncing in and said, "Mommie, lets go check the baby peppers (bell)." Flipping fire ants are killer this year and makes weeding my beans, corn, melons and pumpkin absolute---HE---double L.
.
Tonights fun, will be planting more cucumbers, cantaloupes, sunflower, and sweet corn. And then we will probably put in a herb garden: Cilantro, parsley, chives, thyme, greek oregano, rosemary, sage, tansy, dill, and whatever I have left in my seed basket.
.
Our hisbiscus are needing a permanent home. In 2 months those flowering shrubs are about 4 feet tall. I never knew plants could or would grow so fast. I also have an three planters of Day Lilies a friend sent me. I have my fingers doubled-crossed they will take root.
HOW IS YOUR SLICE OF HEAVEN?
CommentReport this post EditDelete

No comments: