We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pookies Troubles: 8

Guilt of a four year old
Posted Oct-08-07 19:42:14 PDT
While we are dealing the best we can with this medical crisis. I manange to get funds wired to the hotel via my credit card. My iffy supervisor calls daily about my duties. We have a new routine in a foreign land. And my precious four year old son tries to understand the chaos swirling around him.
.
One day; I take him to a place on the hospital grounds just to walk and watch him run. He returns to me and asks, "Mom, did I cause this by being bad? I did not listen to her." I almost start crying because of the guilt that he feels. Children always believe they cause terrible events by "being bad."
.
"No son, this happened because there was a boo boo in her head. You did not make this happen. Would you like to see your sister today?"
Which he looks at me and asks, "Does she look scarey like a monster?"
"No, she does not look scarey. She has tubes, machines and doctors but she looks like she is sleeping."
.
He asks, "Will this happen to me if I go to sleep?"
"No," I answered. "She is not really asleep just resting until her body is ready to get better. I can take you in if you want to see her."
.
With tears and dread in his eyes; he nods okay.
CommentReport this post Edit
.
I take him in to see her
Posted Oct-08-07 20:16:06 PDT
After getting permission. I take my four year old in to see his sister. We wash our hands and then walk to her bed.
.
He takes in all the room has to offer. I ask him if he wants to talk to her because she can hear him. He nods and says, "I am sorry, please come back and play with me. I love you, sister." Then I see a movement of her left hand and foot. I tell him to keep talking because maybe I was SEEING THINGS.
.
"Can you talk" he asks? And she slightly moves again on her left side.
So I took him out of the room.
CommentReport this post Edit
.
Wake your azz up!
Posted Oct-08-07 20:41:16 PDT
After I took my son to the waiting area; I went back in. I did not tell my husband I seen her move twice. I thought maybe she was just moving in her slumber. I then picked up her hand and said, "wake your azz up. You have people wanting to talk to you." And she moved her left hand and mouth on one side. I can not believe what I am seeing. So, I motion for a nurse to come over to the bed.
.
I called her name in a gruff voice and said, "Answer Me." She moved again; then the room broke into a calm riot of activity. Doctors were called and I was ushered out of the ward away from her bedside.
.
I looked at my husband and said, "she is responding."
CommentReport this post Edit
.
She is moving
Posted Oct-14-07 20:33:43 PDT Updated Oct-15-07 14:49:19 PDT
We sit in the waiting area; doctors come in and go. I told my husband, "She is moving when we speak to her.---- Saenz said, "I love you sister." and she move her left side. She is waking up. They have seen it too and that is why all the chaos.
.
We wait as a doctor comes out to tell us they are going to give her another xray, catscan and MRI. I know she is coming around and did not need their admission or proof of life. My daughter is going to come out of the coma.
.
Through each test we follow her bed. Down corridors, up elevators, around turns, and silently wait while they do their tests. Saenz is cranky; we have been here all day.
While waiting to go in for one test her dad said to her, "Hey girl! are you with us." and she moved her mouth to answer him. As they roll her into to the room he breaks out crying. He sees what I have seen and believes.
.
I look inside my memory. I know she will be paralyzed on the right side. All you have to do is look at her face. One side is hanging down like a stroke victim but she is still with us. I offer thanks to Our Creator. She will be with us again.
CommentReport this post Edit

No comments: