We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pookies Troubles: 2

Signing Paperwork Leaving Forever
Posted Sep-24-07 19:45:00 PDT Updated Sep-24-07 20:19:46 PDT
My friend's husband drives me to my office. I have only 1 hour to leave my life behind. I put my signature on the documents. Send out two emails and jump back in my car. It has been 5 hours that my son has been in the neighbor's care. I call her; ask her to hold him until I get packed then I would pick him up.
.
How do you pack your life up in one hour? I grabbed every bit of financial information from my top drawer to include passports, check books, credit cards and such. I ran up stairs and packed for my family in two bags. (While I was running, my office was working the tickets.)
.
I had around 8 minutes I filled garbage bags with perishable foods that needed to be trashed. I fed our indestructable fish. I looked around my home and knew I was not coming back. I am still worried yet numb over the faith of my daughter and husband. I knocked on the neighbors door to pick up my son; and saw headlights coming for us.
.
I gave my neigbhor my keys and asked her to feed the fish.........
.
We sped away into the night for our tickets.
CommentReport this post EditDelete
..
.
We get there
Posted Sep-24-07 20:30:53 PDT
I left my car and keys behind. The life I knew. I kept checking my watch and just numb. How was my daughter?
.
So my son and I went to the International airport. We were dropped off; (my friends had family to take care of their own.) Emotions where kept in check and we walked away alone but, at the same time not alone. My husband was at the hospital now with our daughter who probably still in a coma. I bought my son some snacks and waiting the longest time of my life. I gave my son a toy as soon as we boarded the puddle jumper to San Miguel.
.
I felt lost and in a deep void. I left my daughter to bring my daughter life. I know that sounds strange but it is the truth. I that moment and every one since I would do the same things in the same way. My faith told me she would survive yet, I did not know what Our Creator had in store for our journey in our slice of heaven. So, I just held my son while mentally saying prayers for the little more than hour flight to the island where she was taken.
.
We arrived at San Miguel. The airport was silent. It was 9 pm and dark. Saenz and I picked up our bags which the airlines kept in the storage area inside the flight attendents' closets. We breezed through customs and walked into the calm and silent hall looking for our guide.
It felt like an eternity. We again was just waiting alone in a foreign airport and my son was whiney from exhaustion. I made him a place on a bench. He just laid his head on my purse for a pillow when I heard the door open. I saw a man walking towards us and knew he was American just by his height and gait.
.
He walked to me and put our his hand and introduce himself and lead us outside as I carried my son. Off again to the hospital. Ever notice how long a journey takes when you are unaware of your path?
.
CommentReport this post EditDelete

.
Smell of death
Posted Sep-25-07 19:48:18 PDT
We had a long journey. We made our way through hospital security and up to the floor she was on and I took a breath.
.
I say my husband with an ashened sheen to his face but, he smiled when he saw us. He took our son. I was ready to walk into the ward where my daugther was kept. It was quiet but noisey. The nurses station was busy with a dimmed hum of activity and foreign language. I was lead to her bedside.
.
On the way, I looked around to see her environment. I had training in evaluating hospitals. I looked at: the floors, windows, curtains, smells, spacing of patients, and general cleanliness of the environment. I was shocked that this might work in this third world country. I assessed the patients there in their state of illness while walking to her bed.
.
I looked her over and walked around the bed in which she lay. Satisified that all was sanitary; I picked up her hand while taking notes of the tubes keeping her life going. I lifted her hand and put it to my nose.
.
I breathed in and smelled the odor of death.
.
Did I collapse here or move on in faith?
CommentReport this post EditDelete

No comments: