We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I love my life: repost from ebay

I LOVE MY LIFE: met another (saenzmom)

Posted Jun-14-08 20:16:39 PDT Updated Jun-14-08 20:19:39 PDT
Animal enthuist (sp). It's funny how life works out and comes back in a full circle. 6 weeks ago; I met a farmer and fell in love with his birds; peacocks, guinea fowl, ducks, geese and 3 gorgeous dogs. I went there to buy hay for my baby goats.
.
My neighbor took me to meet him and MY GOODNESS. I was in heaven free-ranging birds everywhere. I noticed he had eggs laying everywhere and my neighbor and her daughter started picking up eggs. (this embarassed me because he did not give permission) So, he and I continued talking with those two zipping around picking up more eggs. (he gave them the eggs)
So, I paid for the hay and my neighbor took the hay back.
.
I told the farmer, I would like to buy from him in the future. I also noticed he only had one lone hen. I asked him if she was sitting and hatching. To which he replied, she is the only chicken I have.
.
Really I said, when my new hatching are older I will bring a rooster and a few pullets. Well today I made good my promise. I introduced my husband and boys to the farmer and inquired about guinea chicks and told him I would like to "buy" a dozen or more. He then told me; "I will give you all the guineas you want as soon as they hatch."
.
How cool is that? He also took us to see young pheasants. He has three peaheans that recently hatched. He promised to let me know when the peahens mother started bringing them out to call so my boys could see them. I LOVE MY LIFE, I LOVE MY NEIGHBORS.
One good deed always begats another when done with pure heart.
.
Nekkid Chicken
Lost in thought
CommentReport this post EditDelete
Comments

Back to top
saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Also, I know now two neighbors who love birds as much as I do. I have a common bond with people I have never met. And from talking to each of them; we value the same things in life; simple honest and kind living.
Jun-14-08 20:18:16 PDT Delete Report this comment

letys3 ( 1306) View seller's items View Blog
Wow saenzmom- that sounds like a wonderful experience, it's a place I would love to go see myself :)
Jun-14-08 20:28:09 PDT Delete Report this comment

observations-of-life ( 3406) View seller's items View Blog
That's fascinating to find someone so close with a similar love for the critters.I'll bet the kids ahd a good time.
Jun-14-08 20:29:23 PDT Delete Report this comment

hisamij316 ( 2371) View seller's items View Blog
what is a peahen??? we used to have peacocks at our zoo just walking around, but no more...I miss seeing them there !
Jun-14-08 20:29:38 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Peahen and Peacocks are the same one is male and one is female. HELLO HISAM OBS It was such a cool experience. I dont think I could handle the 243 acres but the layout was awesome. Leyts, I was enamored.
Jun-14-08 20:31:47 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
muffbro ( 32) View seller's items View Blog
good vibes must just surround you my friend !!! NO DOUBT <---up past his bed time.....and on a computer on the WEEKEND!! something about lortabs and a a beer to dull the broken rib pain
Jun-14-08 20:35:44 PDT Delete Report this comment

hisamij316 ( 2371) View seller's items View Blog
well that goes to show we are never too old to learn ! I did not know they were the same ! I know what the guinas are, what are the birds that lay the tinted eggs ??? starts with an a ? aruba ?
Jun-14-08 20:36:23 PDT Delete Report this comment

letys3 ( 1306) View seller's items View Blog
My mother had peacocks and a lot of exotic birds, one even layed green eggs, light green that is. I think peacocks are so beautiful and the place must of been phenomenal - I know what you mean handling 243 acres- wow!
Jun-14-08 20:36:50 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
MUFFY, I just love peeps and chicks. I hope this starts a wonderful lasting friendship. Hisamij, Auracanas and Americanas lay blue green eggs. Morans lay dark brown eggs. A chickens ear lobe color determines the SHELL color of their eggs. Weird but true. I could not imagine that letys. WOW is right
Jun-14-08 20:39:07 PDT Delete Report this comment

hisamij316 ( 2371) View seller's items View Blog
letys, that must be what I am talking about, the birds that lay colored eggs...is green the only color they lay ? 243 acres ! how neat...but what hard work to keep up that must be !
Jun-14-08 20:40:23 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
hisamij316 ( 2371) View seller's items View Blog
ear lobe ? ok, learning some more tonite ! I did not know they had ears ? I buy brown eggs at the store...ones that say the chicken was not caged...seems the others are too thin and make me sick when I eat them...the ones that roam have thicker shells...the brown is just a choice...
Jun-14-08 20:42:02 PDT Delete Report this comment

a-hula-girl-at-heart ( 1320) View seller's items View Blog
howdy ...what a nice post .... i just love what your wrote...especially about good deeds...i believe good things happen to good people....thx....what a great way to end my nite.... goodnite and sweet dreams to you and yours :o)
Jun-14-08 20:43:34 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Hisam, The eggshell color for the aruacana or americana depends on the rooster. If his breed lays white eggs then it will be blue shelled, if brown eggs then it will be green. Egg shell color has nothing to do with taste. Free range free cage chickens are treated better with less stress. Eggshells are great for your garden honey. THANKS and HUGS to you too, Hula.
Jun-14-08 20:48:57 PDT Delete Report this comment

hisamij316 ( 2371) View seller's items View Blog
thanks saenz...I will save the shells for our grounds gardening...(city dweller here...but my hearts in the country!)
Jun-14-08 21:00:12 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
just wash, let them air dry and smash them up lots of good minerals in them
Jun-14-08 21:01:46 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Any who honey, good to see you. Going to bed, we are going to the MIL tomorrow. Need to place flowers on Hubby's fathers grave. I just wished I had met him. HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all who go bumping through this blog.
Jun-14-08 21:02:58 PDT Delete Report this comment

No comments: