We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I love my puppy, Cochina: repost from Ebay

I love my puppy, Cochina. (saenzmom)
Posted Apr-08-08 07:27:21 PDT
But, I just have to face the facts she is a "hunter/killer." Yesterday I just felt like bawling all day because she killed the mother rabbit who lived under my house. I have been watching this rabbit for almost two years luckily her last litter had already moved on. Cochina is a killer; she has brought trophies to me since we took her in as an abused baby on Christimas Eve.
.
The first animal she killed was my favorite banty chicken that I called House Chicke because each time the coop would flood being the runt and low on the pecking order she would get knocked around. I would always rescue her, bring her in the house, bathe, and dry her. She would sit on my shoulder like a parrot and sing to me. Cochina got her a month after adoption. Then she attacked and got a lower level rooster. Then mice, and other critters she happened to catch.
.
Mind you I love animals but watching "Mother Nature" is a cruel process. I have been teaching my sons about the cycle of life but, that does not assuage the grief at losing something you love to watch even though it was wild. Cochina, please stop killing.
.
Nekkid Chicken
with hanging head and wings

CommentReport this post EditDelete
Comments

Back to top
ddskitty*s ( 1053) View seller's items View Blog
and they called it puppy looooove:)
Apr-08-08 07:28:33 PDT Delete Report this comment

sheilae1257 ( 1105) View seller's items View Blog
Good Morning, my Sam brings in stuff, like skunks he is a killer too
Apr-08-08 07:30:03 PDT Delete Report this comment

missbeansmama ( 41) View seller's items View Blog
awww i am sorry. i couldn't deal with that myself.
Apr-08-08 07:30:46 PDT Delete Report this comment

hurricane-traders ( 1913) View seller's items View Blog
Hi Mal! Wow that is sad. Makes me feel horrible but it is nature ~ I have two chihuahuas that would love to get my cats if given the opportunity but they know the consequences from Alpha
Apr-08-08 07:34:30 PDT Delete Report this comment

faerylure ( 1593) View seller's items View Blog
So sorry about your rabbit and chicken, Saenz! :( I couldn't deal w/ it either. That's another reason why I have 6 lb housedogs who are afraid of everything including hummingbirds and roaches.
Apr-08-08 07:35:00 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
ddskitty*s ( 1053) View seller's items View Blog
oh sorry didnt read im sorry mal
Apr-08-08 07:35:07 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Morning Peeps, Sheilae, I would probably just faint if she brought in a skunk. Hello Ladywhitknee, good morning. It is tough life living so close to nature.
Apr-08-08 07:35:43 PDT Delete Report this comment

frodobagginskennedy ( 1002) View seller's items View Blog
AWWW sorry Mom.....
Apr-08-08 07:36:15 PDT Delete Report this comment

angelic*afghans ( 445) View seller's items View Blog
I'm so sorry Saez...I had a black lab that would get out and kill the neighbors pet rabbits, then another neighbors chickens, then killed a goose...I was always at the place where you by livestock and having to mend was...once he tore up the neighbors entire garden. I had to give the guy a large metal wall stacking table for that one...sheesh. Chochina needs a time out!!!
Apr-08-08 07:38:10 PDT Delete Report this comment

a-hula-girl-at-heart ( 1320) View seller's items View Blog
howdy *~* um... i'm sorry to hear about the rabbit :(
Apr-08-08 07:39:25 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Hurri, Thanks It is just hard to watch the process. FL, I am dying here. ~:> Dogs afraid of roaches. That is priceless. HUGS I know what you meant dds.
Apr-08-08 07:39:38 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
Thanks & Hugs Frodo Angel 13, Its impossible to train her. There are not Dog Whisperers here or obediance schools either. Thanks Hula
Apr-08-08 07:41:59 PDT Delete Report this comment

kelley!!!! ( 332) View seller's items View Blog
HEY YA BABE! 11 yr old cali (boy) Thanks you for your money! He'll be able to go to the gym with us now! You are a wonder! Oh YEAH (.) (.)'s to ya! Yep been thru the killing sprees myself, You can only do what you can to protect so many.
Apr-08-08 07:46:04 PDT Delete Report this comment

saenzmom ( 537) View seller's items View Blog
I know Angelic, its just hard to watch and be a part of. Sometimes I really want to take her to a "no kill" shelter because she started in on my chickens on Day One.
Apr-08-08 07:49:15 PDT Delete Report this comment

faerylure ( 1593) View seller's items View Blog
Hate to say it, but once puppies/dogs start killing, they usually never stop. :( The animals at my home now (including my cookie addict squirrels in the trees) are part of my family and if something came in and killed them, the new one might be headed for a new home, too.
Apr-09-08 06:58:51 PDT Delete Report this comment

Back to top
faerylure ( 1593) View seller's items View Blog
Spoke to my aunt who knows more about dog training than I do. She said the puppy might've been hungry and had to kill to eat before you got it. She said to always make certain the puppy is well-fed which I'm sure you do anyway.
Apr-09-08 07:50:07 PDT Delete Report this comment

No comments: