We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Thursday, March 18, 2010

Must See Movie: Stoning of Soraya M

I have been on a 'documentary' kick here of late.  I have noticed Lionsgate Films does many movies with a message theme.  I read the book awhile back; when I heard there was going to be a film, I waited and waited to no avail.

It was not shown in my area.  What saddens me is, Americans by pass these kind of films; hard core gritty subject matter for FLUFF.

While I understand the concept of entertainment, I believe most have foregone the other side of the movie industry; TO INFORM.

Movie Info here:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810039981/info

As a military member, I have travelled and seen first hand just how fortunate I am to be a woman in this country.  I am also well aware of 'mob rule' in a heated situations.  I have witnessed rather frightening mob scenes in which people have been killed. JUST NOT IN THIS MANNER, though I am sure it happens around the world daily and not to just women.

The scene where Soraya is buried up to her waist and then killed by the men in her villiage was horrific down to the sound of stones actually hitting her. Later those same men find out they had been duped by Soraya's husband and the religous leader. 

Let me say this,

If you control a country's women by denegration then you teach future generations to denegrate.  If you control women, you control (DESTROY) more than just her future but, your own through her children.  Inhumane treatment is a vicious cycle that consumes all in its path.

JMHO

This is a hard movie to watch but, See the movie......................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have added this movie to my instant watch on Netflix. Going to watch this evening. Thank you.

Chicken Boys said...

I saw an ad for that movie somewhere, but I've never seen it. I'll have to check it out sometime. If you wanna play you got tagged over at my blog. If not, that's cool, too.
~Randy

Nekkid Chicken said...

Hey Barbara,

It is kind of gruesome and really sad but, without exposure we don't know how the other side of the world lives.

I am running there now, Randy. LOL