We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blue Bonnets, Wet Toes

I took these this morning, on the way home from taking Saenz to school.  It was kinda tough to find a safe place to pull over and take a picture of Blue Bonnets for Randy & Dave the lost (no longer in Tejas) CHICKEN BOYS.  http://chickenesque.blogspot.com/

Seems these lovelies prefer to bloom in curves and bends along the highway instead of hanging out on our five acres.  Which now I have realized and plan to buy a few pounds of seeds for next year.

It never ceases to amaze me.  If I have troubles with a vehicle or have a flat; no one pulls over to help.  But, let me pull over to take a picture of something interesting and every cowboy farmer in a 30 mile radius will stop to lend assistance.  ROFL this just cracks my buns....

However, after decades of traveling and missing home; I know how Randy feels about certain things in life and missing small treasures that our Creator gives us for connection.  Wet toes are not a problem for friends and family.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bonnets!

They have the same flowers planted on the roadsides in Jacksonville.

I have had the same experience with lack of help on roadside. Broke down once and stuck in place on busy roadside for 4, yes 4 hours with not one person stopping to ask if I need help. Two police officers drove past without stopping also.
I once went off the beaten path so I could pick some wildflowers and take a picture and got stuck...LOL....within minutes a stranger showed up to help me out.

Nekkid Chicken said...

Doesn't it just crack you up? I mean if I have to be somewhere and get in trouble; farmer cowboys are no where to been seen. But, let me stop to take a picture I can't beat them off with a pixel.

Maybe, I should take pics of them instead? LOL

Chicken Boys said...

Texans are usually friendly and helpful like that. Thanks for the pics. They were great. Thanks for the trouble of stopping to take them!
~Randy

Nekkid Chicken said...

Randy,

There was no trouble taking them. I will take the camera on the backroads to Beeville this weekend. My son is off for spring break so, maybe I can do some more rubber necking. LOL

You never know what you will find out here. My last trip got me face to face with some turkey buzzards. I got less than 15 feet away from their breakfast but didn't have a camera that trip.

Pictures are so much fun...