We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where We Have Been

Thursday was Zephyr's sixth birthday party; we had it at Chuck E. Cheese's in Corpus Christi. 
We met blogger Jana with daughters Mahria and Emma and Quince for the first time.  Lovely family, Ms. Jana had to bring Emma's food since she has food allergies.  (Interesting lessons I have learned not only in homeschooling but also, the issues with taking children to public places who have food allergies.) Ms. Jana is a wonderful lady whom, I hope we'll be getting together more often.  Thanks for the Nerf Blasters, Zephyr and Saenz have held shoot outs in the hotel and farm since arriving home.
Zephyr's first love Ms. Jennifer came to celebrate his birthday and brought her three lovely children.  Though Zeph forgot about everyone once he seen Ms. Jennifer with her hair down.  Thanks for the Transformer, he had lots of fun with it so far and is on his table. 


Mrs. Sobrina, her aunt, and her four children came as well.  We have not talked to them since the party ended so no pictures are posted. All in all, everyone laughed, played games, had lots of fun, ate cake, sang Happy Birthday!  We all loved meeting each other at Chuck E. Cheese and pretty much had blast.

 (NOTE:  Booking a party mid week, gave us pretty much run of the entire place with no crowd.)
Isn't that smile beautiful? 
Next the Hotel, Drury Plaza on the Riverwalk San Antonio.
This is the San Fernando Cathedral of San Antonio off our balcony the first night of our stay.  We had dinner on the Riverwalk at the Lone Star Cafe and as you can see, Birthday Boy Zephyr is still sporting his gleeming smile to the world.
Then we walked back to the hotel to get some sleep.  Self Portrait here: super tired and ready to sleep.
One last peek out the sliding glass door.
Next morning, San Antonio has some surprise thunderstorms.
Later, when dad and Saenz were catching a nap.  Zephyr and I went to the Cathedral and park across from the hotel.  As you know, small boys like to run and play.
He wanted to smell them.

We played in the water fountians.



His favorite find though was a quite tame duck, he called John.  Duck John hung out with us and wanted to be fed. 
 Zephyr and I went to the basement in the hotel, and looked at all the exhibits of an old bank that use to be  in the hotel which, was built in the 1920s.  I loved the true the time period carpeting and decorations.  The lobby is always busy as is the 2nd story because of  'free breakfast, cocktail hour and afternoon popcorn with soda.'  With all the guests, it is quite crowded all day but okay.


More pictures later, 
Cubby Bear and I had fun on our adventures.

7 comments:

Working Through said...

No fair, you posted a picture of yourself LOL But wouldn't let me.

We had a blast at the party. I am glad Zephyr likes his nerf gun. I thought that was pretty cool, and am going to get Quince one too.

Wow, you did have a fantastic view !! I love old sites too. I can't wait to go traveling so I can show the kids all the wonderful historical things in our country !

We will get together again very soon !!

Nekkid Chicken said...

HEE HEE, You funny thang. I wanted to get one with no big ole body shots or double chins. So I snapped this one after I was bushed at the hotel.

Zephyr and I hung out waiting for Gil and Saenz to wake up. No one slept well the first night. I guess we were too excited. Second night, there was a band on the Riverwalk right outside our balcony. I was pooped!

Judy's Corner said...

Sounds like you ALL had a great time. I LOVE meeting bloggers. I've met several over the years and have not been disappointed once!

What a lovely way to celebrate a birthday. Quite an adventure!

Sharon said...

Happy Birthday Zepher! Looks like a fun party! I see that there was fun had by all!

mixednut555 said...

THANK YOU for the great pictures and the updates of what you've all been up to. Glad my friend and family had such a wonderful time for the past few days. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Mal}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Nekkid Chicken said...

HEY JAY! Thanks for stopping by was reading your blog updates earlier and Sharons. SEND THE RAIN!

Nekkid Chicken said...

Kat, As you well know! I had to get off the farm for a change of pace. ACK! It was fun, and my baby will never be five again. Time flies.....