We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Thursday, May 28, 2009

With this; I hope!

Muscadine grapes are really starting to take hold. Way cool because not only did it take me two years to find the vine starters but, I was told these would not take hold here.

I am concerned since hurricane season is upon us again. Last year, our native grape starters were killed from having 'wet feet' for 3 straight weeks from Ike and Gustav. Though we did not get hit directly, the 'run off' weather & rains did in those finnicky plants.

Maybe if, we are lucky in two years I can make wine, jams, and better yet dolmathes (stuffed grape leaves). YUM YUM give me some Cretan Sun fun.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Nekkid Chicken said...

Thanks Jen, How you loving summertime?