We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Saturday, May 2, 2009

.08 Inch of Rain for all of April



It is official -- second dryest April on record for the Costal Bend; with each passing day, the hopes of rain down in this area are very bleak. Though there was a few sprinkles -- just enough to spot windows; there wasn't enough to dampen grass. And while I want to plant huge gardens; it seem really irresponsible due to other's livestock may need the ground water from wells to keep their animal's from dying.

Also, I did not take my boys to the Farmer's Market in Beeville this morning do to flu spread. I just do not feel it is prudent because Saenz is more apt to get ill based upon his medical history.

Pray for rain

Thoughts from inside the coop.....

No comments: