We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, July 9, 2010

Hubby B4 n After plus a special gift from Larry

Man, What a Day! First off we got up at 4 a.m. to take hubbyman down to Corpus for his knee surgery.  Lisa stayed with the boys.  What a huge relief and Sid came with us for the surgery and to be the chauffer. 

Now you Naughty Nancys here are his before and after surgery shots:
He does have on sexy purple surgery socks. LOL I am keeping those.
Mr. Larry sent us a surprise gift of cold water prawns and a whole sock-eye salmon.  So when we got home I wrapped these beauties in bacon to grill for a quick dinner to feed my ravenous man.  Thanks Mr. Larry! You Rock!  Just wait to you see what I am going to do with that salmon.
I have my husband home for the next two week while he recovers and goes through physical theraphy.  I think Junior, Sid and Lisa will be back down from San Antonio to watch Sunday's World Cup.  Have you seen that Bruce the German octopus"  He has picked the winners; his choice for champion is Spain.  Tentacles crossed here.  Have a great night!

12 comments:

troubadore9 said...

Testicles crossed there?Isd that what I read.I thought that was a knee surgery.Hoe Hen Bobbit!!LOL!!!

Melodie said...

Hope that man of yours is back on his feet chasing you around the house soon,lol! That grill looked delish!

Sharon said...

Knee surgery is a lot of work, that therapy is so necessary! Only off work for two weeks?

Nice that Mr. Larry sent you the goodies! I hope it was de-lish!

emajen333 said...

Hope Gil gets well soon! Damn! Those prawns look GOOOOOD!

Nekkid Chicken said...

Hey I actually thought testicles. LOL You are too durn funny. ~:>

Melodie I hope so too. Thanks so much.

Sharon, I am will work on his physical therapy schedule. He thinks he will be fine to go back to work in two weeks. WINK WINK

The Prawns were a treasure for our taste buds, Emajen. And so easy to prepare after I got him settled.

Thanks peeps, I have to go troll the blogs I follow. See what others are up to since I have been off the web.

Little Messy Missy said...

Hope he heals fast!!

Texan said...

Speedy and uneventful recovery to your honeyman!

Had my honeyman home last year for rotator cuff surgery...ahem well these honeymen can be a handful to take care of LOL

Judy's Corner said...

Mal, sounds like he is definitely in good hands, and it is nice to have good friends that surprise you with "goodies"....keep up the good work and speedy recovery to hubby!

fezzi. said...

http://sayingstyle.tk/
Maybe that's something for you?

John Going Gently said...

what is the bread? looks like english scones?????

sunset pines farm said...

oh, the grilled goodies!
We love shrimp and salmon around here, but a whole one would be an absolute treat!!!

Nekkid Chicken said...

we call those biscuits

I guess they could be called scones. HUM??????