We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, April 17, 2009

Making juice into cider


My latest project to see how easy making my own cider, beer, wine and soda. I just poured a half gallon of apple (unsweetened) juice, 1 cup of sugar, and 1/8th teaspoon of actived wine yeast in a two liter clean soda bottles.

Make sure the sugar dissolves in the juice before adding the yeast. Then I placed a special venting cap; called EZ CAPS I purchased from secure-transactions see link to seller here:

http://myworld.ebay.com/secure-transactions/

Or place the item number 250401245143

Into the search on eBay to get more information. After, I find a can of malt then I can
try making beer for my husband. Or, I can make Honey Mead once I buy an economy jar at the grocery store. Either way, in seven to eight days this brew will be fermented with the help of the yeast and vented by the EZ Caps. Will keep you posted.

Thoughts from inside the coop.....

No comments: