We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Sunday, March 1, 2009

My favorite chill spot

After dropping off Saenz and feeding animals sometimes Zephyr and I walk out here. A past resident somehow got a water rescue bucket; then hung it up in this drop dead gorgeous oak. While the nylon ropes are scratchy the shade is awesome. If you lay inside the swing, be silent, look up -sometimes you can find other animals, insects and birds sharing the hide out spot.

Another cool thing about this tree is; the wind makes the sound of a babbling brook rushing over rocks as it makes it's way down stream to more important endeavors. This reminds me of a subway, taxis, buses with people (ant trails) going to work; and you are probably wondering why. Simple, my job is here documenting the life around me, showing my sons and observing animals much like those commuters taking in (though not writing it down) the sights and sounds around them.

Thoughts from inside the coop.............

No comments: