Today is just so beautiful; the boys and I have been outside. Just a little chilly wind but crisp azure skies are just so stunning. We are very fortunate to have each other and be supported by the most wonderful providers; Our Creator and hubby. For without them both -- our lives would be so very different and difficult.
Some things I have learned along the way:
1. Say 'thank you' often.
2. Tell your children and loved ones; you love them and show it.
3. Play with your hubby like you are children: allow your children to see your joy at being together.
4. Hug your loved ones daily.
5. Give your children a sense of history; tell them about their people; who were probably pretty darn amazing.
6. Don't sweat things you can not change.
7. Have goals and work towards them until achieved; let your children see your struggles to teach them how to cope.
8. If you are not happy; then it is probably you -- so work to change yourself.
9. Don't ask of others what you are not willing to do.
10. Make daily living chores fun by working along with your children to impart your work ethic.
11. Show empathy for all living things even those you deem the lowliest like bugs and snakes because, they too play a role in the universe.
12. Know the names of those who serve you.
13. If you don't like the job someone else had accomplished; then show them the way by teaching.
14. Don't criticize out of anger or frustration do so in love gently.
15. Allow failure from time to time; for without failure we do not appreciate what we have after awhile.
16. Be honest, not spiteful; there is a difference.
17. Recognize everyone makes mistakes including yourself -- accept the outcome of your actions; say sorry, make amends and mean it.
18. Look up sometimes to feel the sun on your face, smell the air around you, and change directions.
19. Recognize we all get there eventually but, may not take the same path.
20. Trust that people are basically good, and want to do the right thing and while there are some who are the exception ... see 19 if you don't agree.
21. Give encouragement to those who need it, a helping hand up, a shoulder to cry on for one day you may require the same.
22. Learn something new everyday and then teach it to someone else -- there is a world to discover.
23. Get your hands in the dirt or use them to make something.
24. Smile in the face of adversity like you have a secret because you do; YOU HAVE FAITH the world is a wonderful place.
Then when all else fails........Forgive, forgive, forgive
or ask forgiveness.