We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, February 11, 2011

So Happy for Egypt, In Tears for Them

I have been following their struggle for almost three weeks.  I am so proud of them.  They stood together, risked lives, demanded their freedoms, took their blows, and ousted their dictator.  My hats off to all Egyptians everywhere! Well done.



Now it will take awhile to get their bearings as a country without a dictator.  The military will probably keep peace until the next elections.   I don't believe they will accept the Mubarak appointed Vice President very long.  Now that there is a vacuum left; I just wonder who will be able to step in and keep Egypt running with all their economic problems.  

 I am just in awe of their will after 4K years of rule by kings (pharoahs and such); they want rule by the people? Who knows how this will turn out but, the Middle East will not be the same.  Once you open the door a little and give people some freedoms like the access to information, hope, or technology; you can not go back into the dark without much blood shed and tradegy.

Today is not only my son's 13th birthday celebration but also a historical day for Egypt's new chance for freedom.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

It is quite exciting!

Happy Birthday, Saenz! Have a great day!

floweringmama said...

Happiest of birthdays!

I, too, have been following the tragedy in Egypt. I hope that they are able to take the needed steps to overcome the grief they've been forced to endure for so long.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

can you imagine never publically being able to discuss politics? Yeah, I'm proud of 'em for the revolution.

Jim said...

Thanks for posting this Mal! I really like 'witnessing' events such as these. Now let's hope some extremists will not take power and turn Egypt into another Iran!

Nekkid Chicken said...

Thanks Sharon, Flowering, Joanna, and Jim,

Saenz had his first sleep over. We took him to spend the night at his brothers place up in San Antonio. He got what he wished for; one on one time with them without baby brother butting in. LOL

On Egypt, I am watching with baited breath for the other shoe to fall in the Middle East. Like I said, once given a taste of freedom a ruler can not snatch it from his/her people's mouth at the next sitting without bloodshed. I just pray they all come together in peace and pick their new leader.

Thanks for stopping by,
Mal