We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.







Monday, November 29, 2010

Buttermilk Pie, Hush Your Mouth!

This is one of hubby's favorite pies and so easy to make:

I just remember 4, 3, 2, 1

4 Tbls Flour
3 Eggs beaten
2 cups sugar
1 stick of softened butter
1 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Just cream butter, sugar, and flour together
add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla mix well
pour into a pie shell
bake on 325 for 1 hr
or until a knife inserted near middle comes out clean.  SIMPLE, EASY --- SUPER YUMMY!
Only one more week of hubby working second shift.  I am so thrilled he has two of these lovelies waiting on his return home tonight.

Take care!

6 comments:

Kids and Canning Jars said...

Just love buttermilk pie. I made one recently and I am going to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Melissa

mixednut555 said...

I need to make this one too. Sounds and LOOKS yummy!

Judy's Corner said...

Love it!

Texan said...

That looks and sounds so good!! Will have to try it!

Jabacue said...

So easy Mal even I could do that....maybe!
Thanks, will give it a go.
Jim

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

buttermilk pie just sounds good, I'll have to try it sometime