We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My Year of Reading for 2009:

I got to thinking about the books I have read this year.

The highlighted books I read more than once because either it held special meaning or was so dang funny.

 Crones Don't Whine, Chicken Coops, Game for All Seasons Cookbook, Harper Collins Complete North American Wildlife, Black Dahlia, Homeless Bird, , Simple Wicca, Goats: Small-scale Herding for Pleasure and Profit, Cheaper & Better, How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life, Learning Disabilities: A to Z, The Complete Chicken, Egg and I,  Making Your Own: Wine, Beer, and Soft Drinks, The Complete Book of Natural Cosmetics, Bottom Line's Healing Remedies, The Stoning of Soraya M., Harris' Farmer's Almanac 2009 Gardening GuideStories from a Soldier's Heart, Venomous Snakes of the WorldRednecks As the Chosen People, Storey's Guide to Raising Dairy Goats, Man's Search for Meaning, Princess, Information Systems Today, Love in the Time of Cholera, Information Systems Management in Practice, Eat This, Not That, A Woman's Worth

Now here is my 2009 magazine and newspaper list:

Beeville Picayune
Three Rivers Progess
Oprah
Woman's Day
Woman's World
Parenting
Parenting: School Years
Good Housekeeping
Back Yard Poultry
Redbook
Smithsonian
Mary Janes Farm
Hobby Farms
Mother Earth News
Farm & Ranch

My online newspapers:

San Antonio Express
Corpus Christi Caller Times
Washington Post
New York Times
Los Angelos Times
Atlanta Journel

My classes with Grantham for MGT 515 and MGT 525 lead me to numerous educational websites and technological online weeklies.  I believe this is why on weekends when my husband is not working, I don't even pay attention to a computer or the news.  Sometimes I think I read too much then again I am a seeker of knowledge so, if I am not learning I feel I am wasting my time.

Watching my sons is the best learning experience because I love they way they think and interpert the world   Both of them crack me up with their descriptions of the world around them. I love my life and feel truly blessed. This year instead of an my reading list, I will keep track of the books I read with my boys.  I can not wait.  I got set of Captian Underpants and can not wait to see what those adventures will lead us.

Thoughts from inside the coop's library

No comments: