We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Monday, December 21, 2009

After watching the Debate yesterday

LETS JUST SAY I FORCED myself to stay awake til I could not stay awake any longer.

I knew the Democrats with their two independents were going to get to the 60 vote. 

I just knew the ending just like a BAD B MOVIE..............predictable.

Today, I have spent my time after; writing two assigments for class, various housework & chores; calming fighting brothers, feeding picky cats.

I went to this website to teach myself more about the Senate's procedures:

http://rules.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=HowCongressWorks.RulesOfSenate

What I did find enlightening was this procedural rule XIX under Standing Rule of the Senate: DEBATE

"2. No Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

While in that now infamous comment "YOU LIE, by Joe Wilson" during President Obama's State of the Union address awhile back.  Did that senator conduct himself with the proper decorum and respect of the office of the President?

I think not, SHAMEFUL

Or did Joe Wilson (Note, I gave him no title, I feel he no longer deserves my calling him by his office) offend my ears by not following this rule of the same document?

"3. No Senator in debate shall refer offensively to any State of the Union. "

I think Wilson did both in this case.  Now on to another comment by another blogger.

By James, "It's best to MANDATE that and the tort reform and leave everything else to the professionals...not the politicians." 

The issue I have with this statement is; the folks elected are mostly professionals who are lawyers, doctors, teacher, (actor), tug boat captain, activists, soliders, POW, astronaut, football player, social workers, veternarians.  I am wondering just how many congressional members have been on health insurance company pay rolls.

When I find out,

I will let you know..............we are all in this together

No comments: