My Thoughts the Good, Bad, and Ugly
1. I (obama) will go through the budget line by line til we get on budget.
NOPE hasn't happened
2. GITMO will close
NOPE hasn't happened ---- moving prisoners stateside
3. I TRULY BELIEVE OBAMA does not support sending 30k. DID YOU WATCH HIS FACE, his body, non-verbal communication.
4. Last time I checked my map, Afghanistan needs to be accessed by air and land. Thus moving 30K American troops, 7K NATO troops, and training 5K in country troops will be a logisitical nightmare in few short months only to have them pulled out. (BEGIN TO WITHDRAW) in 2011.
5. Another sticking point for me is; chasing Al-Qaeda (Taliban) or whatever the label will surely have Pakistan's growing involvement. (I GUESS NO ONE IS WATCHING THIS?)
6. I almost fell off the couch when he made this comment:
"Commanders in Afghanistan repeatedly asked for support to deal with the reemergence of the Taliban, but these reinforcements did not arrive. That's why, shortly after taking office, I approved a long-standing request for more troops."
Really, So President Karzi gets on the phone to call the US instead of using diplomacy in his own country? I so think not.
While I do believe the lines between Al-Qaeda and Taliban are dissolving. (YOU KNOW banding together to further their fight against the west.) Last time, I checked the Taliban did not orchestrate the war against the US --- it was a Saudi backed (financed) support of Al-Qaeda that brought the attacks to our land.
So boys and girls lets take a good look at the map. Where after sending our troop to Afghanistan will the next flair up be? Where will the Taliban/Al-Qaeda/ or other dissadents/ jihadists go???
Thoughts, opinion, guesses???????