We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Letter to the White House

Mr. President,

I am saddened not to have had the honor to service under your office. I really appreciate the open lines of communication your administration has worked to secure for all citizens of this country. This is a novelty I believe for the last 6 or more generations but, especially the last administration. I salute your willingness to accept responsibility when mouth over loads fore-thinking.

I am in the process of reading the 1018 Health Care Act and, I still don't understand the objections or anger. I wonder why members of Congress openly admit to not reading the entire bill perhaps; if this process was slowed down to give those with legislative experience time to digest the entire bill. Then those legislators would be able to explain the coverage to people who are afraid of ‘change.’ I do remember your speeches before your election; ‘change’ was the cornerstone and or bench mark for success. The problem is not with the bill, it with our congress not understanding it for themselves.

Sir, it is my most humble opinion if leadership wants 'buy-in' then they should walk the walk and read the bill, learn its implications, and costs to better explain it to common folks such as me.

AF Gen Merrill McPeak once said: "Integrity is what you do when no one is looking."

Or ‘reading is fundamental.’

Respectfully,
Malissa G. Torres, USAF retired

No comments: