We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, August 21, 2009

Company offers college textbooks for free

"By John C. Abell

(WIRED) -- What did you do this summer? Flat World Knowledge stayed busy on campus and now has 40 times as many students and more than 10 times the colleges using their freemium, open-source digital textbooks as they did spring semester. And they did it the old-fashioned way -- one professor at a time."

Rest of the story here:



http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/08/21/free.college.textbooks/index.html

Actual website:

http://www.flatworldknowledge.com/catalog


I can't wait to use this site to teach my sons and help tutor my husband. Also, I will find it great as a resource as I am working on my master's degree with Grantham and will transfer to the University of Phoenix to start my doctoral program hopefully next year in Education.

Thoughts from inside the coop
........

No comments: