We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Would You Trust Me With A?


GUN

Seems the hardliners are out fishing for new members. Last time I checked, I registered as an independent and not with the Republicans. So either, this is a postal SPAM or the NRA is looking for more backing in membership numbers as far as the supreme court is concerned with gun ownership guaranteed by the Bill of Rights.

While I agree with owning guns for militia when the Constitution was written; in some ways this just does not fit into our society today. I am not too sure about allowing folks to have guns, shotguns, assault rifles, etc....... without registering, training, licensing, and recurring training. While I agree with self-defense, I have a hard time believing that I as a gun owner. Will have the time to find the key/combo to a gun safe, key to the barrel lock, and then apply my weapons training in time to save self or family in the event an emergency.

I can not sleep with a gun under my pillow, I have children and a husband who doesn't put away his own tools.

Can you imagine this scenario:

Excuse me Mr. Rattlesnake lay there a moment while I get my weapon?

Or


Mr. Criminal will you hold this while I remember the combo or where I hid the keys to my gun safe?
ROFL


I THINK NAWT,
Thoughts from inside the coop.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I agree with you completely.

Nekkid Chicken said...

Thanks Jen