We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, February 20, 2009

Small Town Rush Hour

I don't know why but the idea of small town rush hour makes me giggle. After living in DC for a short time, taking 1 hour to get to Walter Reed 2 miles away. I think of all the places where I have been in which people congregated like ants in rather large cities: Manila, Angeles City, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Alexandria, Bagio, Hersonissos, Paris, Frankfurt, Athens, Houston, Dallas, New York City and many others hubs of civilization. Going 13 miles to drop off or pickup up Saenz everyday seems like such a breeze. I guess it's all a matter of perspective and I count our blessing each day because our lives are simple.

















The bus in front is dropping off children at the Boys & Girls Club in George West. The sign on the church marque states, "PRAY FOR RAIN." Across the street the marque states, "Shotgun Shells on Sale." Does this strike you odd? ROFL

Gotta love country living.

No comments: