We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, May 7, 2010

Just a Beautiful Day

Someone loves the outdoors!

I love watching the 'Jellies' and Sea Horses but, could not get to the sea horses. Oh well, we purchased a year's membership so; we will go back more often. Both our boys are huge fans of wildlife. I think they get that trait from me. :o)

Note to self: DO NOT GO to local attractions near to end of the school year. My ears were left ringing from all the screaming children on their class trips. Next time we will go on a Monday when schools do not normally have class field trips and hubby will still have a three day weekend from work.  But, a promise is a promise and we kept ours to take the boys to the Texas State Aquarium.

Saenz has his first official dependent id card. YEAH! Another milestone in the life of a military child.  He even signed his name in cursive which he would not have been able to do if, I had not taught him this skill over the last two weeks.

And we want to pass on Happy Birthday Wishes to Grumpy Gramps; our own Mr. Larry.  Hope all your critters go dancing in the yard tonight with the moon shining down on them to celebrate this event.  ~:>

7 comments:

troubadore9 said...

Great pictures and that answers the question of did you have fun.Little Zephyr is a ham 1st class.

Those dang critters will be wanting some of my strawberry shortcake and I refuse to give that up.

The raccoon kits are out late at night.I just haven't seen them yet.Last night a mama sat at the food dish for hours probably trying to get her babies to come in and eat.Weaning is a problem no matter the species.

Sharon said...

It sounds like a wonderful (though noisy) day today. Great pictures, wish I was there! Yes, the yearly memberships are not only cheaper, but you can go whenever you want!

Congrats to Saenz on the signature!

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on what's going on and I am so happy the kids are doing so well.

The rattlesnake findings are scarry!

Little Messy Missy said...

Sounds like fun! Happy Mother's Day!

Melodie said...

One of the great things about home school,lots and lots of great field trips! It looks like you all had a great time!

Chicken Boys said...

Been a long time since I've been to Corpus. My Sis-in-law mentioned going down to Beeville for vacation next year.
~Randy

Nekkid Chicken said...

Hey Peeps,

Been busy, busy here!

Thanks Larry, Zephyr is quite the ham. Now I want some strawberry shortcake with no whipped cream. Heck just strawberries sound really appetizing. Think I need a snack.

LOL Sharon, Our ears have recovered. LOL

Thanks Barbara, glad to see ya.

Happy Mothers Day in return Messy.

Happy Mothers Day Melodie we did have oodles of fun.

RANDY How da heck are you? The farm? Hee hee, I have peeked a time or two whilst doing my homework. One day I will be finished.

HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL

Next is what Memorial Day?