We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Saturday, October 11, 2008

Just a thought

Today, I got one of those crazy emails. You know the ones (chain mail); send this to 7 people and fortune will befall you. While, I would have normally just hit the delete button; this time I scrolled to find a wonderful thought that prompted this entry.

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.'

When God takes something from your grasp,

He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to

receive something better.

The will of God will never take you where

the Grace of God will not protect you.'

And while I did send the email around after cutting out other's email addy's, I thought about the words. As I do not claim myself to be Christan because I am not by any stretch of the imagination--Christ like.

I do believe in being, doing, and giving the best of myself to others. I try to teach my sons the 'secrets' I have found to ease their paths in this life and the next by being true to their inherent human nature. I want them to be able to feel the connection, awe, and wonder this life has in everything to include death.

I want them to work for their sucesses and failures while trusting their deeds will enable them to reach for greater things than themselves. (I.E. Their own family-one day.) I want them to trust in having a future even when all the NOISE on television and other media rants about GLOOM & DOOM. All this entry boils down to is:

I believe in TRUST and I will walk in my own version of faith to honor a higher power----Our Creator.

No comments: