We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, October 3, 2008

In the car; weird revelation

I was thinking today about how my husband and I decided the names for our sons. It's weird but in both cases, we were out driving & accomplishing errands.

Saenz Knight was picked on San Antonio's highway 90 and Zephyr Ayrt was decided coming back from the Betheseda in Maryland. Way weird to realize driving & highways have given us private time to talk about something significant like naming our children. I suppose it is a sign that Americans spend lots of time driving.

Either way, Saenz is named after each of his grandfathers' surnames. Zephyr is from Zephyrus (I love my tour in Crete, Greece.) and Aryt is from Tyra (She died while pregnant with him.) I hate to take credit for these names but like the uniqueness and them not being another common name. Their names have meanings and link them to their pasts.

Anyway that is my LIGHT BULB moment of the day. ~:>

2 comments:

Jen said...

Those are great names. History and meaning are always important. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Enjoy your weekend!

mixednut555 said...

Nice, very nice.

:0

Kat