We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Monday, May 2, 2011

My Thoughts On Bin Laden

Personally, I do understand the party atmosphere that the news of Bin Laden's death has caused.  On the other hand, I sit and think about how he was able to escape from the United States.  He had not only his own inherited monies, US education, and a thorough grasp of westernized living/ways of thinking but, the financial, spiritual, and physical protection of many others who would do harm to America.   Yes, he had friends, family, and other idealists that kept him hidden for the last twenty years to include those in governments, military, and other far reaching people of power.  Now that one shoe has fallen; will America go back to sleeping after the party instead of seeing their last unwanted guests (Corruption, Avarice, and Indifference) out for the night?

Bin Laden had his hands bloodied with not only thousands of Americans deaths but, also of tens thousands of others to include Muslims world wide. Corruption, avarice and indifference is what brought the terriorists to our shores in the first place.  Today, I am not celebrating his death but, will again start watching what our government does while most are not paying attention.  The question is; will you continue to slap ourselves on the back or will you stand watch for the other shoe to drop?

12 comments:

Cesar Crash said...

Hi, Mal, it's me again.
I wonder if will Americans feel secure after Bin Laden's death. Y'know, here in Brazil, (I think it's the same in the rest of the world), when the police kill a drug dealer, the others rebel, that's what happened in Rio this year. God bless all of you Americans, keep on faith!

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me" (Psalm 23:4)

Nekkid Chicken said...

Cesar, Strangely I do not feel anymore secure because I know there is more evil to come to our shores. I do and have been saying my own prayers for an ever lasting peace though I am skeptical because mankind has a knack for stirring up more trouble.

Great to see you here. Hope all is going well for your and yours.

Peace,
Mal

Cesar Crash said...

And, y'know, because of the missing body, everyone here doubts about his death.

Sharon said...

Old Bin was not alone, lots more out there to fill his shoes and want to! I do not feel any more secure, with his death. Maybe more fearful...

floweringmama said...

You make a good point. I understand the celebrations but question the timing of them. There are still extremists out there who would gladly fill his shoes.

On a side note, I just wonder how much credit Obama will take - and will he use this as a jumping point for his reelection?

Melodie said...

We most definitely have to keep up the fight....

Nekkid Chicken said...

Good Morning Mrs. Sharon, The whole thing leaves a bad omen hanging about doesn't it?

Good Morning Flowering, Of course, he will use this point in his campaign. I just wonder why the public sees democratic presidents as less war thirsty?

Good Morning Melodie, I believe we do as well.

Happy Mother's Day All who pass this way.

Alison said...

Yeah, I'm expecting all kinds of little "fires" to start up now in retribution. And I wonder how many of them will grow into wildfires?

On the other hand, maybe this "Arab spring" will help modify a really widespread revenge movement. Optimistic, maybe, but I find little value in living in fear.

Cesar Crash said...

The media here only shows americans cellebating his death. It shows teenagers cheering: U S A! U S A!

Nekkid Chicken said...

Flartus, It is an interesting time we live in. With the youth movement in both the US and around the globe; I am wondering how all this will pan out but, I will not live in fear either. Just mulling over things in order to digest them better.

Cesar, Just think of this; those youth were at the age of just begining to see a world outside them self when the towers fell. So, all they have known in the press was this MANHUNT. So of course they took to the street because the boogey man was basically taken out.

Thanks Lioness, I have done just as you asked. Sorry, we have been outside this week quiet a bit. Since Texas has been enjoying some really reasonable days as far as heat this week. Can't barely believe we are not in the 100s unlike last week. :O) Nice to meet ya!

Mal
Happy Mothers Day ALL

'Ric Williams said...

I think you see only one aspect of a larger view.
I am no fan of Bin Laden but the collusion between the Bush and Bin Laden family must be taken into account> i have written about this on my blog "First Fleet On. Williams/Nash Pioneers Australia. Ric Williams.

chumly said...

I am trying to keep that shoe tied and firmly on. I agree with you and thank you for posting you thoughts.