We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Friday, June 25, 2010

Ode to Psycho Rooster: 1 Year Today




While the world maybe mourning Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett's death on this day.

I am missing Rocky PYSCHO Rooster who; also passed away one year ago.

If you look at the above picture closely; you can see the tip of his upper beak is shorter. That is because he broke the tip trying to kill me and hit a metal post instead. Lucky me! LOL

His story

I never knew grief over a bird could be so wrenching as that day.  It was so enferno HAWT, 115 off our back porch.  Sigh, I have yet to replace him.  He is also the only rooster to get full burial honors on our little slice of heaven.  Rocky, I miss your voice and antics filling our days here at Hoe Hen Inn.  It may be time to hand raise another Kellogg's Rooster in his honor.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Yep, sounds like it's about time! He sure was pretty!

Little Messy Missy said...

I just read his story. I have one hen who peaks my butt every time I bend over! Did you make him a coffin???

Vickie said...

Yes, it is Hawt as Hades here with humidities to match!!!

Nice tribute to Rocky. I have a question tho - how did he not feel the 'possum biting his toes off?

Nekkid Chicken said...

Good Morning Sharon, Thanks he was my menace.

Messy, Aren't they super with their little personalities? Good Morning

Vickie, He did feel it, I had to give First Aide best I could. He was so cranky towards me though; that was nearly impossible. He was large so, we buried him in a blanket inside a 5 gallon paint bucket under his favorite mesquite then, sealed it with cement.