We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Thursday, October 15, 2009

Movie Review: "W" by Oliver Stone

Okay if this post pisses you off then just leave or leave a non-inflammatory comment. I don't mind peeps with differing views but, here is my opinion of 'W' and the message conveyed to me from watching it.

I am of the mind to agree with Charles de Montesquieu:

"NO KINGDOM HAS SHED MORE BLOOD THAN THE KINGDOM OF CHRIST."

or

"An empire founded by war has to maintain itself by war."

With that said, I am tired of our leaders using religion to kill, invade, or pillage other countries for their wealth.

America has lost approximately 8 thousand souls due to fighting with muslims. On the other hand, how many have they lost for rights to their oil fields over 80,000?

--------------------------

The begining of the movie had Mr. Bush and his administration talking about how to sell an Iraq invasion and decided upon the term 'AXIS OF EVIL' -- building on Mr. Regan's 'empire of evil.' THEN Mr. Bush had his administration pray. I was highly incensed and had to turn the movie off for a few hours.

Because the basis of any religion with few exceptions in my personal opinion especially Christianity is not -- kill in order to line pockets of the monied, revenge to avenge the honor of a father, send 'uniformed masses' who joined the armed forces for employment or youthful ideals to war, or spread a hypocritical version of democracy.

""OLD MEN'S CIGARS, PUFF UP THE WARS, TO PROTECT THEIR FUKK-UPS AGAIN, YOUNG MEN MUST DIE TO KEEP THE OLD ONES ALIVE, AND TO PROVE THEY ARE STUDS ONCE AGAIN." (terrence trent darby song "If We All Get To Heaven 1987.)''

Getting back to the movie, Mr. Stone. Your movie made me wonder if you had access to White House employees on the sly. Because some of your points of view have been my own since the early 2000s. I would recommend this movie to others but, warn it is long and drawn out and seems to chase its own tail in the last 40 minutes. My Kudos is off to the actors though Mr. Brolin did capture Bush's mannerisms very well with the other male actors.

Thoughts from inside the coop.....

No comments: