We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day of the Year, 2008

Many changes this year,

I want to remember tv personality Tim Russert. I miss his show Meet the Press. I have not been able to complete one show since his death from a heart attack. The world is a much less objective place without his fair reporting.

I also want to recognize Bernie Mac, who cracked me up when he did stand up and talked about raising children. Charlton Heston death also sticks with me because he was so talented and as I child I grew up with his movies on TV. Bo Diddley's death is a huge loss to the music world, no one can make a guitar cry as he did. Isaac Hayes's butter voice also a sad loss. Mr. George Caitlin, who was so profane but such an asset to freedom of speech. Golden Girls' Estelle Geddy, my favorite character. Mr Blue Eyes himself, Paul Newman in one of my all time favorite movies, Cool Hand Luke. Dody Goodman was an awesome comic. Eartha Kitt's voice in the universe will be missed. I know there are many more of those in the public eye but the one who made me sit back and actually cry was Mr. Tim Russert.

As far as my own circle of family friends, this year I am fortunate. We lost no one. However, on the 20Th this year. I called Honey to let her now how much I still love and miss Jo Jo. I can not believe its been a full year. Then again, I know the hole in my heart is still there and I miss my most beloved friend. It's weird but, I am not the 'connective' type of female. I rarely make friends because I am off in my own world focusing on my home, family, farm and surroundings. Jo Jo meant the world to me, she was the person I would become as far as 'pure faith and strength of character.'

I am also celebrating this year because America elected her first 'black' or 'African-American' President. About time, now lets move on to some one who came from true working class stock. Have you ever noticed no preachers have been elected? Can you not have 'faith' and 'democracy' in one person?

PRICES at the end of the year:

Honey crisp Apple $2.99 a pound
1 gallon whole milk $3.99
1 gallon unleaded gasoline $1.42
1 package of ramen noodle soup .20c
1 pound of regular white bread $2.19
1 pound of 80% ground beef $2.29
1 pound of NY Strip Steak $8.99
1 head of lettuce, $1.25
1 dozen store eggs white, large $1.69
1 (12 pack) national brand soda $4

I AM HOPING AND PRAYING :

for world peace
for no one to go hungry
education for all who desire to learn
shelter, monies, medicine for those without
no persecution based upon--skin, gender, age, sexual preference, disability, religion, or need

Big wishes to all,
Thanks to Our Creator,
And remember with
Our Creator;
All IS POSSIBLE--In Time

Happy New Year
Nekkid Chicken Dancing Through

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy New Year and Amen.