We Are Deep In the Heart of Texas

Nomadic seasons of farming adventures with nature thrown in to include; a pinch of family, snippets of friends, counting our blessings, paying IT forward, home school, and the spicy things I decide to rant about.















Saturday, April 23, 2016

4/21/16 My Icons Are Dying

     The last time I cried more than once over a celebrity was when I learned that Nina Simone had died, I was wiped out emotionally for awhile. Her music seem to just mirror all the things in my heart and soul were experiencing.  David Bowie was a kick in the gut as well and I mourned. Prince's death is the one that actually made me cry -- the ugly cry.
  
     I am usually pretty good at compartmentalizing to keep my bipolar mood swings in check.  If I opened my mouth I would have been a puddle on the floor on Thursday. I just did not want to share how much his art and music meant to me.  I usually do not geek out and follow actors, writers, or artists.  Don't get me wrong I love music, books, movies and all forms of art.  There was just something unique in his vision.  

     I was in actual shock though when hubby told me on 4/21/16 that he was dead and glued myself to the news.  Man, the wind was sucked right out of me.  He was controversial because of his lyrics and music to many folks. To me however, he was a liberator, an artist's artist, poet, and musical genius.  His talent playing the guitar and piano incomparable to no other. 

     Once, the drug rumors started to hit the air waves I tuned out.  I just could not take anymore speculation.  Now on this evening,  I will keep my thoughts and poems private. I just want to send some good will into the universe as I wave my purple pen in honor of an artist who will continue to live in my heart.  RIP Prince Rogers Nelson 

1 comment:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.